We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Easy to make, this recipe for cabbage stuffed with duck confit is a real treat.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 8 sheets of green cabbage
- 20 g of butter 1/2 salt
- 300 g of duck confit
- 50 g of raw milk sheep cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. tablespoon of parsley chiseled
- 1 tomato
- 1 shallot
- 1 dash of sunflower oil
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Read also: the delicious recipe for stuffed cabbage
Cabbage stuffed with duck confit
- In a saucepan of boiling salted water, blanch the cabbage leaves for 5 minutes.
- Drain and cool under cold water or in a bowl of ice water.
- Using a knife, remove the ribs that are too thick.
- Peel the tomato, remove the seeds and cut it into small cubes. Reserve.
- Cut the sheep's cheese into small cubes.
- Crumble the duck confit.
- In a salad bowl, place the crumbled duck confit, the diced sheep cheese, the egg, the minced shallot and the chopped parsley. Pepper. Mix well. Check the seasoning.
- Garnish each cabbage leaf with the confit stuffing. Fold the right side, then the left over the stuffing. Return them.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter with a drizzle of sunflower oil.
- Leave to brown for 5 minutes, then turn gently.
- Add the diced tomatoes, drizzle with water, cover and simmer over low heat for 20 minutes. Check that there is no lack of water during cooking.
On the cellar side, wine to accompany the stuffed cabbage
Pairing established without the tomato: If the confit and the cheese add a melting dimension to the whole, the dominant texture of this
dish remains the fibrous character given by both cabbage and meat. A fibrous material free from any drought thanks to the
cooking used for both the vegetable and the duck. As a result, the resulting mellowness is not without firmness, which allows for different styles of wine depending on whether one wishes to promote one or the other of these sensations, on condition that sufficient wines are chosen. powerful to cope with the richness of the primer.
Thus, with a wine that is both dense and sappy but with a southern balance dominated by warmth and sweetness, like a St Chinian, we will highlight the tenderness and suppleness of the whole, while with the more structured, both acidic and tannic, of a Madiran, it will bring freshness and relief going in the direction of firmness, without however, thanks to its spicy and ripe fruit notes, highlighting the vegetal character cabbage.
Bine be and cabbage
Very low in calories, cabbage, like other crucifers, would help protect us from cancers, especially those of the lung and digestive system.
Recipe: A. Beauvais, Photo: C. Herlédan